- Sector: Metals
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: George Westwood
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446168
- Duration: perminant
- Start Date: Immediately
- Expiry Date: 01 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61591
Our client is looking for a process Engineer to join their team of experts in metal forming of complex assemblies, sub-assemblies and component parts operating as part of the global Engineering Technology Group of Standex. The Newcastle plant is both in a transition and growth phase. The transition is from manufacturing a traditional metal spinning range of product to high specification high value aviation, space, medical, energy and defense solutions. Growth, coupled with investment in the plant are a key part of the company strategy over the next 5 years.
Directly responsible for overseeing project activities both internal and external, where the result is a quality product delivered on time and to budget. Individual will be expected to incorporate value engineering methodologies to support continuous improvement and cost reductions for associated manufacturing processing.
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To Create manufacturing documentation (BOMs, routings, manufacturing/tool prints, log sheets, visual work instructions, change orders, etc.) to fulfill customer requirements based on information supplied through purchase orders and engineering documents.
2. To manage non-conformance reports/engineering changes and provide/implement correction action
3. To Provide sales and estimating support as a technical contact for projects/opportunities
4. To Participate in the development and improvement of engineering departmental procedures
5. To Provide technical lead/support on New Product development and support the NPI Process.
6. To Provide manufacturing support by aiding in resolution of difficulties on projects
7. To Participate in the maintenance of engineering drawings and standard
8. To Provide continuous improvement and lean support
9. To Perform observation/time studies for developing standards and improving processes
10. To Analyse process and cost data for decision-making purposes
11. To Apply checklists and certify part processing
Knowledge, experience and Skills
• Minimum of 5 years engineering experience.
• Great attention to detail and strong communication skills
• A driven person with a willingness to take ownership and initiative on a new project/task from concept through completion
• Proficient in SolidWorks, or equivalent, and MS Office
• Demonstrated problem solving skills with a desire to grow in the role and apply new manufacturing technologies or processes to remain competitive
• Experience applying FMEA/PFMEA tools for evaluating products/processes and identifying ways to prevent defects
• Familiar with typical fabrication processes such as sheet metal forming, rolling, assembly, welding, heat treating, and machining
• Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time
• Basic understanding of GD&T
• BS degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.