Process Engineer – 40359
Salary Range: £35,000 - £45,000
Location: Wiltshire, South West
Posted Date: 24/09/18
Expiry Date: 24/10/18
A blue-chip product development company requires a skilled and highly motivated electrode process engineer to help it achieve its current and long-term battery ambitions and support its RDD lab activities. The Electrode Process Engineer will work within the energy storage research team and will be focused on working towards innovative materials development and characterisation techniques within target specifications.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will join a growing research team in. Your focus will be on the research and optimisation of coating technologies for application in energy storage.
• Work with the team to develop and optimise a novel electrode process
• Develop models of the process and product, including FEA analysis of complex composite products
• Design and implement solutions for lab and pilot line coating, this will require solving problems by implementing precision engineering solutions
• Work within a team to produce robust process data which can be transferred to development and ultimately production level processes
• Generate innovative solutions with strong & high value IP
• Create plans and manage your own time using planning tools such as Microsoft Project and make sure this is integrated into the overall project plan
You will need:
Education and experience:
• Minimum BEng/MEng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a demonstrable level of process equipment design and engineering experience.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
• Equipment design:
- Experience optimising processes for product performance and throughput. This should include experience of scaling the process to a larger scale (prototyping). Ideally with experience of transferring to manufacturing scale.
- Experience at developing equipment for high throughput manufacturing. Demonstrated understanding of how to diagnose problems and develop a strategy to improve performance in the long term.
• Finite Element Analysis:
- Experience in the use of FEA to analyse complex systems, with a view to improve production yield and cost whilst not sacrificing quality or performance.
- Experience in utilising FEA for composite systems, including mixed materials (for example metals and plastics).
• Process development:
- Experience in utilising statistical methods to identify main effects and interactions within a process.
- Ability to work autonomously, balancing workload.
- Knowledge of mass production manufacturing techniques and common issues with these, ideally with experience in automated assembly techniques.
• Experience within the coating industry, particularly design and development of coating machines.
• Experience with designing/modifying equipment to produce high quality coatings at high volume.
• CAD software experience (Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor etc)
• Experience with micromachining/sequential lasers
Essential behavioural skills:
• The ability to take a leadership position within a defined project
• Good analytical ability and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format
• Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core company values that would result in great company products
• To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment in an organised manner
• Excellent team working skills
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential and desirable criteria as outlined above, plus details of your current and required package.