£30k - 38k per year
4 months ago
Job title: Process Engineer
Salary Range: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum
Hours: 8:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Location: Bridgnorth, Shropshire
Permanent position working for a leading manufacturing organisation within the Automotive, Motorsport, Marine and MOD sector.
A Process Engineer is required with knowledge of leading process control within manufacturing, process methodology and best practise production of castings. Process Engineers with castings experience and CAD software knowledge will be well received.
Due to a new project launches this client based in Bridgnorth, Shropshire requires a dynamic, leading Process engineer on a permanent basis. As a Process Engineer, you will be required to:
- Improve and develop the Specification and control of processes in the manufacture of castings.
- Specification of process methodology, including determining best practice for manufacture of series casting alloys to incorporate metal chemistry, metal preparation and heat treatment.
- Specification and control of sand and metal processes relating to castings.
- Optimise all processes for the manufacture of 200 series alloys
- Improve and review number of materials datasets completed.
- Process related scrap.
- Number of research projects completed.
- Characterisation of casting capabilities for all process and material types and management of this knowledge base.
- Develop new and existing processes to provide best in class performance in the chosen products and markets of the business, including investigating alternative aluminium alloys with higher mechanical properties and thermal conductivity at elevated temperatures.
- Provide guidance to shopfloor personnel on practical methods of introducing metals to moulds to minimize damage to metal quality.
The Process Engineer will have the following skills or experience:
- A recognised formal engineering qualification or demonstrable significant experience in relevant fields.
- Relevant foundry experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in CAD software would be desirable for this role
- Good communication and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work from their own initiative, self motivated.
- Current, valid driving licence
- This role includes the possibility of overseas travel
- Current, valid driving licence
- Some electrical experience an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Processing engineering within castings for a tier supplier within the automotive, plant construction equipment, aerospace, MOD or rail sector. In return for your experience, this Bridgnorth, Shropshire based manufacturing company will offer you:
- Permanent position
- 40 hour working week
- £30,000 to £38,000 per annum
- Contribution pension
- 33 holidays
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Process Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Process Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.