Process Engineer - Press/BIW Tooling
Contract - 1 - 2 Days Per week (6 - 12 Months)
Automotive, Tooling, Tool Trails, Process, Manufacturing, Pressed, BIW, Stamping
Are you a Process Engineer with extensive knowledge in new product introduction within the BIW and pressed automotive environment?
Our client a leading automotive supplier is seeking a highly experienced Engineer who can support client tooling trials, providing technical support for all tooling, material and process involved within BIW production.
As a Process Engineer you will be responsible for supporting:
- Press trials including organisation of CGA work at JLR press shops (without CGA work at tier one press shops with JLRQ)
- Blanking trials including oil level measurement with Amepa gun
- Bodyshop qualification of new and advanced material (i.e. riveting work and other joining issues).
- Client meetings as required to provide technical assistance and advice across all engineering facets from design, tooling and manufacturing processes.
- The preparation of reports and technical finding for all internal and external stakeholders with recommendations to improve manufacturing processes and materials.
- Product trials at the request of the clients on a weekly basis at their manufacturing and assembly plants.
If you are a Process Engineer with experience of supporting new product introduction and product launch within a BIW, pressed welded and assembly environment (riveting, adhesive, etc.) and want to be considered for this part-time opportunity, please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email