- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Expiry Date: 29 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59282
Competitive Salary + Benefits
This role is working for a high-class component manufacturer to a global Tier 1 OEM base for use in the world’s most recognised car and niche non-automotive sectors.
You will provide assistance to the Operations team by improving productivity and efficiency by identifying and successfully introducing new capital equipment, utilising data to drive improvements to existing processes and applying problem solving techniques to close out quality and efficiency issues.
Key activities of the Process Engineer:
- Evaluate and analyse current process metrics and performance to identify improvement initiatives to increase operational efficiency and productivity
- Identify, source and facilitate the deployment of new capital equipment to provide improved results in terms of manufacturing cost and efficiency
- Analyse opportunities to reduce variation, improve capabilities and optimise performance of existing processes
- Develop and train out standard working procedures and operations to embed process improvement
- Utilise problem solving techniques to establish and close out root cause issues affecting production quality and efficiency
- Prepare project reports / presentations to assist with Capital Expenditure justification where necessary
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Project manage new processes, tooling & equipment from design specification to production hand over
Requirements of the Process Engineer:
- HNC/HND in a engineering field or equivalent experience OR Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
- Significant experience in medium to high volume assembly manufacturing environment within the Automotive Industry.
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Process Engineering, Manufacturing, Production experience.
- Extremely motivated, with a ‘can do’ approach to work
- Strong knowledge of the latest Automotive tools and techniques, TAKT, MOST (Problem Solving, Capability)
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressureSix Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills is desirable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are a Process Engineer with experience in increasing operational efficiency and productivity and you want to be considered, please apply today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.