Job title: Process Engineer (Forming Technologies)
Salary Range: £22.50 p/h
This highly technical role is responsible for managing the design and development of state of the art forming processes, analytical tools and methods.
- Plan and execute T&PPG Innovation projects, focused on optimising manufacturing efficiency whilst preventing failure and maximising product quality.
- Design and develop new processes and methods (e.g. process optimisation for servo pressing or elevated temperature forming etc.) with the aim of improving part/body quality and reducing manufacturing costs and lead-times.
- Deliver external benchmark and competitor analysis activities.
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement aligned with departmental KPIs and Quality operating methods as well as with T&PPG vision.
- Champion smarter working and efficient activities, to optimise output quality and to reduce operating costs and deliver lead-times.
- Maintain an awareness of industry trends.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
- Depth understanding of industrial, digital, scientific or engineering processes specifically relating to forming technologies.
- Experience gained from a hands-on role in a research, engineering analysis or process improvement role.
- Proven ability to research and benchmark a development strategy in the field of forming technology.
- Knowledge and familiarity with key processes, facilities and technologies used throughout the pressed parts process chain.
- Strong people skills.
- A good level of business acumen.
- Suitable applicants are likely to possess a relevant degree or PhD although this is not essential if the individual can evidence the necessary capabilities.
This is a 12 month contract position offering an hourly rate of up to £22.50 based at Gaydon with regular travel to each of our Press Shops (Castle Bromwich, Solihull, Halewood) anticipated and as well as occasional overseas travel.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.