£55k - 60k per year
about 1 month ago
Role: Principle Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for an Principle Mechanical Design Engineer to work for our client at their facility in Wolverhampton, the role will be reporting to the Head of Design, and involved with all aspects of delivery of Mechanical Design Packages.
The role will be involved in delivery of technical compliant design deliverable, and would suit someone who has been heavily involved in leading a team of Mechanical Design Engineer from front end engineering to detailed design production.
The role will also provide engineering support to manufacture right through to client handover.
- Interpretation of Design Input Requirements into fit for purpose solutions.
- Maintenance of Design Control Files
- Definition and verification of fit for purpose calculations
- Delivery in accordance with allocated budgeted cost and timescales
- Day to day management of the engineering team (up to 10 personnel)
- Supervision, verification and production of design deliverables
- Interface co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
- Implementation of UK H&S legislation and appropriate design standards
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Interpretation and incorporation of external specialist engineering design information
- Identification and verification of bought out plant and equipment
- Presentation and/or participation at HAZOP and Design Reviews
- Production of key technical documentation including Technical file, O&M Manuals, Spares Lists, Test Documentation etc.
- Liaison with Manufacturing, Testing and Commissioning personnel to ensure design optimisation
- Incorporating the requirements of the Operating, Maintenance and Recovery features within the design.
- Initiation and implementation of Design Change Control and Contract variation identification
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree Qualified (or Equivalent)
- Member of IMechE and Chartered Engineer status
- Extensive Engineering Workplace Experience
- Nuclear Industry Experience
- Management and control of Engineers and design teams
- Specialism in one or more of the following areas :- Nuclear Decommissioning, Pressure Systems, Remote Handling Systems, Lifting Equipment, Process Plant, Heavy Engineer Plant.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.