A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500 year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Design Manager to join a global market leader in the integration and provision of Warehouse Automation systems based out of their south Oxford area Headquarters.
You would be joining a growing team within a company enjoying a period of sustained growth and success. Where your career aspirations are capped only by your own professionalism and work ethic.
To Carry out design coordination of UK projects in-line with the Construction Design and
Management Regulations 2015.
- Carry out the duties of the Principal Designer in line with the requirements of CDM Regulations 2015.
- Engage with clients and designers to enhance and integrate health & safety / design risk management into the project team, design team meetings and the construction phase.
- Take ownership and lead the design risk management process whilst applying the general principles of prevention.
- Plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety during the pre-construction phase when most design work is carried out.
- Take account of aspects of projects including usability, functionality, future maintainability, life cycle building management and identify residual risks at all stages of the project.
- Identify, compile and issue suitable project specific pre-construction information to assist contractors in managing significant risk once construction begins
- Health & Safety File compilation.
- Provide practical health and safety advice, guidance and coaching to project teams at all stages of the project when required.
- Management of multiple projects for key clients to the business
Professional & Experience Requirements:
- Hold a NEBOSH Construction Certificate - Valid within the last 5 years
- Technical, Graduate or Chartered Membership of IOSH
- Hold a design qualification. i.e. engineer or relevant experience preferably in a Materials Handling Environment.
- Full clean driving license
Experience and Personal Requirements:
- Experience & knowledge of construction design process
- Previous CDMC experience (CDM 2015)
- Experience of working as a Health & Safety Advisor within the construction industry
- Automation experience / knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively with both clients and contractors
- Ability to manage workload efficiently
- Effective decision maker and excellent team player
- Commitment to company's Equality and Diversity policies and values
- £44,600/year starting salary
- 10% annual performance related bonus
- Monday to Friday
- Full-time - 37.5 hrs/week (flexibility occasionally required)
- Up to 6% matched company pension contribution
- Employee benefits package inc healthcare, life assurance etc
- Company mobile phone / Laptop available
- Industry leading training and career development opportunities at home and abroad
This is an exciting job opportunity for an aspiring Health & Safety Advisor or Site Management / Project Management professional with a good understanding of automation and construction regulations to join a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.