£55k - 65k per year + benefits
4 months ago
Principal Vehicle System Architect
Our Client, household name and a global company are looking for a System Architect to join their international Engineering team.
You will be responsible for realizing an electrical architecture that fulfils all the features and functions of the vehicle as defined by marketing and VI.
What you will do:
· Defines EE overall architecture including network topology and wiring schematics.
· Lead and act as supervisor for the rest of the architecture module which includes the systems and the electrical distribution system.
· Ensures that all systems specifications are written in the correct format in a timely manner so that they can be tested by the integration team.
· Ensures that all OEM level generic electrical specifications, low level CAN communication and diagnostic specifications are produced in a timely manner.
· Implements the module targets (characteristics, costs, weight, quality, deadline)
· Supports all prototype and launch activities.
· Undertakes other tasks in support of EE department or company.
What you require:
· Engineering degree or equivalent with experience leading and working within teams.
· Extensive experience in system design and methodology such as the V-model.
· Must have proven track experience of defining architectures in an OEM.
· Must have good working knowledge of automotive process and tools e.g CAN, dFMEA. FuSi
· Extensive experience with working with ECU hardware and software.
· Extensive experience of diagnostic ISO 14229 & ISO 13849.
· Good appreciation of the full vehicle development lifecycle.
· Good working knowledge of Vector CAN tools such as CANape & CANoe.
· Support for continuous career development
· Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas
· Discounted health and dental care schemes
· Fitness centre and sports facilities.
Excellent and easy access to regional transport links.
Company Lift Share and Cycle to Work programmes.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.