Principal Thermal Systems Engineer
JCB is a truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the JCB team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further than JCB.
Overview of the role:
Due to extensive growth, innovations and development within our JCB Research team we are now looking for a Technical specialist within thermal management. This role will provide specialist advice to JCB teams globally on our thermal systems involving the technical review of all thermal NPIP projects, definition of thermal standards and the development of new thermal technologies.
Your Responsibilities as a Principal Thermal Systems Engineer
- Review of thermal management systems on all new product introduction programmes, determination of project risk
- Close working with all business units to ensure robust thermal system delivery on JCB vehicles
- Definition of Group thermal standards
- Close working with Purchasing to define and develop suitable suppliers for thermal system components
- Development of new innovative thermal systems to a level where risk is appropriate to NPIP
- Support environmental testing of thermal systems and analysis of results
- Expert support to resolve any thermal management related service problems
- An experienced Engineer, with extensive proven industry experience working with thermal management systems. You will have a comprehensive understanding of thermodynamic principles governing systems
- Your technical expertise comes with strong people and influencing skills enabling you to develop and challenge our thermal standards and systems globally
- If you're always ready to learn new skills and work to the highest standards, there could be a place for you in the dedicated JCB team
What's in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.