Principal Systems Integration Engineer - Development
Highly Competitive plus benefits
As a result of growing demands our client requires a Principal Systems Integration Engineer to work on their award winning range of diesel engines and a number of exciting engine development programmes.
You will be responsible for taking new propulsion systems and components from concept to flawless launch, as part of the overall process of integrating propulsion components into machines, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
Lead integration projects for Propulsion to ensure delivery of high quality products in a timely manner. This will require some components to be developed from concept to delivery, while others will need to be packaged appropriately. From specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off, these projects will need to be supported technically, planned, and managed.
- Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) - using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
- Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
- Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
- Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies
- Write systems test and development technical reports for own responsible areas
- Support programme gateways and reviews
- Support engineering sign-off with robust test and validation data and technical reports
- Working level experience of 2d drawing and 3d modelling in Siemens/Unigraphics NX platform advantageous
- Working level experience of PLM tool (e.g. Siemens Teamcentre) advantageous
- Off Highway machine experience advantageous.
- CAE experience especially in thermal management systems advantageous.
- Experience dealing with UK and overseas design teams advantageous.
- Being able to handle multiple projects simultaneously is also a key requirement.
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
- Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
- Have a sound grasp of the machine product development cycle, and expertise in propulsion system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
- Ideally, have experience with an engine/machine/transmission manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier
- Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.