A Principal Systems Engineer is required to join a specialist, well known engineering company with a strong reputation in the aerospace and defence sectors. The successful candidate will be joining to assist in the development marine and subsea defence systems and likely be from an electronics or software background.
Responsibilities of the Principal Systems Engineer will include the following:
- Acts as a technical focal point for the development of the product system.
- Working to defence industry guidelines to develop equipment programmes on subsea and marine products.
- Ensures that customer requirements for all product/module-level deliverables are clearly defined and documented.
- Line management of a diverse team of engineers.
- Supports system integration between various system development disciplines
The Principal Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an Electronic or Software engineering related subject.
- Experience in New Product Development System Development Process including; requirements, system design and integration, and system testing and verification.
- Significant relevant experience working in a safety critical software or electronic engineering environment.
- Experience in development of systems such as electronic control units
- Proficient in the use of requirements capture such as DOORS.
This is an excellent opportunity for senior or principal systems engineers to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Bristol based aerospace company will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexible working
- Annual bonus scheme
Interviews for the Principal Systems Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Principal Systems Engineer position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.