Principal Systems Engineer – Staffordshire
OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
Our client is a leading OEM in off-highway equipment and excavators based in Staffordshire.
The principal systems engineer is responsible for running a small team to ensure that all EE systems, components and the EDS system are correctly implemented and tested in a timely manner according to project milestones. Additionally, the role includes defining the system requirements for the EE systems in accordance with the vehicle features and targets.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delegation of technical tasks to other project team members.
- Produces systems specifications for all the EE features. Ensures that they are written in the correct format in a requirements capture tool such as DOORS, in a timely manner so that they can be tested by the integration team.
- Ensures that the relevant SFMEAS are completed and correctly reviewed with all stakeholders.
- Implements the project targets (characteristics, costs, weight, quality, deadline)
- Prepares project documentation and reports in standard format to the Engineering Manager to support Gateway and Project deliverables
- Supports technical reviews with the wider EE community with the company.
- Identifies conflicting targets, assigns and evaluates possible solutions.
- Supports all prototype and launch activities
- Undertakes other tasks in support of EE department or company
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Must have “CAN DO” attitude
Engineering degree or equivalent
Proven experience in running small technical teams in the automotive/construction industry
Extensive experience in EE system design using methodologies such as the V-model.
Must have proven track experience of defining systems behavior and spec writing and capturing requirements in a capture tool such as DOORS.
Must have good working knowledge of industry standard processes and tools e.g CANOpen, J1939 , FMEA. FuSi, PPAP
Experience of diagnostics such as J1939, ISO14229, 14230.
Good appreciation of the full vehicle development lifecycle.
Good working knowledge of Vector CAN tools such as CANape & CANoe.
Excellent verbal and written communication
Must posses an engineering mindset and logical approach to problems
Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver
Must have driving license or able to get one.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.