Job title: Principal System Engineer
Department: System Technology Department
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Working hours: Hours: 9:00 – 18:00 Mon -Thurs and 09:00 -15:00 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Responsible for R&D project management and plan making for automotive power electronic products. Conduct electrical system simulation and design. Formulate technical specifications and mutual interfaces among components. Look for suitable components and purchase them to support overall product integration development. Conduct system commissioning and manage deliverable results/reports. Support technical communication & cooperation inside and outside the company. Provide other day-to –day administrative support to the whole team.
TEIC is a great place to work with opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Free lunch Monday to Friday
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24-hour confidential counseling service
- Responsible for R&D and OEM production/prorotytpe project management on automotive power electronic products including main traction inverter, DC12V and DC48V converter and on board AC/DC charger
- Lead technical project delivery and control progress and budget and hand over to the downstream team e.g. Launch.
- Carry out overall system design and specification, including but not limited to requirement analysis, scheme design and electrical system simulation.
- Design technical specification with cost effective components selection
- Responsible for overall system commissioning, prototype testing and DV
- Examine the whole product design progress and archive related deliverable documents
- Establish product technology roadmap and communicate future strategy
- Strong support required on technical proposal and pre-sale technical engagement to marketing team
Core Skills and Education
- A degree in related subjects of electronic Information, electrical automation, computer
- At least 8 years experience in relevant projects and industry
- 5 years and above of automotive electrics products development experience
- Familiar with and rich understanding on electrical vehicle power electronics product development process
- Familiar with related standards and laws & regulations
- Proficiency in CAD/CAE/Office software
- Attention to details
If you are interested in this multifaceted opportunity, plase apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.