Job title: Principal/Senior Hardware Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 - 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Candidates holding the only existing Tier 2 Dependant, Tier 2 General or Tier 4 Student visas are welcome in addition to candidates who are legally able to work in the UK.
An opportunity has arisen in Birmingham for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join a new innovation centre in Birmingham focusing on the development of Electric Vehicle power electronics for motion and drive.
You will be responsible for intelligent active gate drive technology research and product development that match our own Si and WBG power semiconductor module.
- Be responsible for gate drive circuit and measurement circuit development for automotive application
- Hardware circuit concept design, detailed design, schematic and PCB design and review according to specification
- Hardware design analysis/simulation or such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, worst case analysis, tolerance, thermal etc.
- Hardware circuit verification and validation, test specification and report document definition and review
- Functional Safety compliant design activities such as TSR definition and safety analysis (FMEDA, FTA)
- Provision of requirements input for design, analysis, simulation, and testing.
- Provision of input for the generation of technical specifications, proposals and other documentations
- Ability to present constructive ideas to both customers and internal teams
- Ability to conduct speculative research on certain technical issues
- Actively corporate with other colleagues, organise meetings to discuss critical issues, update and progress in time with the awareness of time line
- Support functional safety engineer to evaluate functional safety performance of the hardware
- To maintain effective working relationship with core members, guarantee efficient circulation of technical information among departments
- Actively communicate with external suppliers, universities, research institutes and clients, keep in line with the cutting-edge technology and future trending technology
Core Skills and Education
- Bachelors/ Master/PhD's degree in one of the following subjects; physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering
- At least 4 years (Principle or Senior) hardware development working experience in automotive Tier 1 or 2 supplier or OEM
- Familiar with automotive electronic hardware design process and standards
- One or more hardware design analysis experience such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, Worst case analysis
- Voltage/current/temperature measurement circuit design experience
- Power semiconductor gate driver circuit design experience
- Experience with one or more automotive gate driver IC products from Infineon/Broadcom/NXP/Analog Device for instance.
- Electronic component selection: good interpretation capability of component datasheets, knowledgeable and experienced to select the most appropriate component
- SPI interface experience
- PREEvision/SOX/Medini or SOX tool use experience
- Motor drive inverter development experience
- Cadence Orcad/Allegro use experience
- FPGA development experience
- HALT, Quantitative ALT experience
- Active gate drive circuit design experience
- Wide band gap semiconductor device gate drive development experience
- ASIC development experience
- Familiar with application of 600V/150A above IGBT or MOSFET application especially switching transient behaviour
- PCB design experience with good knowledge of trade off considering function, heat dissipation, EMC, isolation, cost control and manufacturability
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now or email or call 01384 446145 for an informal and confidential chat.