Job title: Principal/Senior Hardware Engineer (Semiconductor Gate Driver)
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
An exciting opportunity to join an exciting EV research and development team has arisen with our client company.
You will be responsible for intelligent active gate drive technology research and product development that match our own Si and WBG power semiconductor module.
You'll be surrounded by some of the best engineers in the field in a company with excellent values and a long heritage in the UK.
- Leading and participating in discrete component based intelligent active gate drive technology research and product development that match our own Si and WBG power semiconductor module in order to improve power semiconductor device application efficiency and reliability
- Application oriented power semiconductor device modelling
- Fast analog closed-loop slew rate control circuit modelling, design, and verification w.r.t. semiconductor switching trajectory control
- Work with system and module design engineers, define intelligent active gate drive development requirement considering both market requirement and semiconductor characteristics.
- Provision of requirements input for design, analysis, simulation, and testing. Provision of input for the generation of technical specifications, proposals and other documentations
- Ability to present constructive ideas to both customers and internal teams
- Ability to conduct speculative research on certain technical issues
- Support to the head of department in determining technology roadmap and specifying development milestone
- Actively corporate with other colleagues, organize meetings to discuss critical issues, update and progress in time with the awareness of timeline
- Support functional safety engineer to evaluate functional safety performance of the hardware
- To maintain effective working relationship with core members, guarantee efficient circulation of technical information among departments
- Actively communicate with external suppliers, universities, research institutes and clients, keep in line with the cutting-edge technology and future trending technology
Required skills/experience and qualifications
- Bachelors or Master's degree in one of the following subjects; physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering
- The equivalent of a PhD with at least 1 years of experience, a Masters with at least 3 years of experience, or a BS with at least 5 years of experience.
- At least 3 years hardware development working experience in power semiconductor gate driver development
- Active gate drive circuit design experience
- Hardware safety analysis experience per ISO26262 part 5 such as FMEDA, FTA
- Hardware design analysis such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, Worst case analysis
- Cadence Orcad/Allegro use experience
- FPGA application experience
- HALT, Quantitative ALT experience
- Familiar with automotive international standards
- SMPS fed from LV and HV line design experience
- SMPS closed-loop control design experience
- Magnetic and other passive component design and specification definition knowledge and experience
- measurement circuit, filter and amplify circuit design experience
- Electronic component selection: good interpretation capability of component datasheets, knowledgeable and experienced to select the most appropriate component
- PCB design experience with good knowledge of trade off considering function, heat dissipation, EMC, insolation, cost control and manufacturability
- Wide band gap semiconductor device gate drive development experience
If you are interested in applying for this role, contact Tim Parkes on 01384 446145 or send your CV