- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 59740
Principal or Senior Satcoms Consultant – Permanent – Attractive
Aerospace and Defence – Wiltshire and Hertfordshire - Hybrid/WFH
Due to expansion a Principal Satcoms Consultant is required within a leading Telecoms, Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Principal Satcoms Consultant will be involved in establishing the requirements for the UK’s next generation of military satellite system. The Principal Satcoms Consultant will be supporting system design, system analysis, major bids, implementation, and testing of military satellite communications networks including satellites built to civil and military specifications.
These networks can involve GEO, MEO and LEO satellites and include the use of existing commercial satellite systems to augment core military satellites constellations. The Principal Satcoms Consultant will typically be required to collaborate with multiple customers on their projects in the field of military satellite communications.
The Responsibilities for the Principal or Senior Satcoms Consultant
- Analyse customer requirements that involved complex technical aspects and trade off studies.
- Design, develop and prepare system designs for complex mobile and fixed satcom networks.
- Ground segment engineering/terminal design, development, and test.
- Undertake tasks throughout the design life cycle and implementation of the communications systems.
- Support implementation of end-to-end communications services.
- Perform Link Budgets and Capacity modelling.
- Lead meetings involving sub-contractors and/or customers.
- Review and provide commentary on existing customer analysis and documents.
- Delivering key work packages as part of a larger team.
- Identifying and troubleshooting system communication paths and capacity performance.
- Conducting post-test data analysis and reporting.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for the Principal or Senior Satcoms Consultant
- Graduate with a good Honours or Master’s Degree in a relevant subject.
- Equivalent qualifications and/or experience can be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of (GEO and non-GEO/LEO/CubeSats constellations) and associated test environments.
- Security Cleared or the ability to attain this and a Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Excellent understanding of a typical satellite project at both system and subsystem levels.
- Experience ideally gained via a global satcom network provider.
- Thorough understanding of satellite communications systems and associated engineering concepts.
- Experience and knowledge of IP network design, protocols, and security of data.
- Experience of troubleshooting of network, RF signal connection and protocol problems.
- Knowledge of Satellite Link Budgets, System Capacity Modelling, and feasibility trade-off studies.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify key issues and to solve day-to-day challenges and issues.
- Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team; self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce and present clear presentations.
- Knowledge of ITIL style processes and INCOSE style system engineering within Aerospace Industry.
- Project Management experience and Experience with ESA project and documentation processes.
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems.
- Experience with systems integration, including COTS and system architecture design.
- Ability to evaluate network hardware, software, algorithms, and processes to verify capability.
**Security Clearance will be required due to the nature of the systems and products involved**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Principal Satcoms Consultant, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446127 or email suitable CV’s to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.