about 2 months ago
Principal Project Engineer
Would you like to be part of a team that is critical for delivering technical work related to many different classes of boat? We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Project Engineer at our site in Portsmouth.
As a Principal Project Engineer, you will be involved in a range of activities such as engineering investigations, design approval and mentoring junior members of the team. You will be responsible for satisfying the technical requirements (contractual and business) of the systems, for the fitness for purpose of the system design, for its correct implementation and or ensuring that the system design and implementation meets all statutory, regulatory and corporate governance rules.
This role will provide you with exposure to various types of small crafts. Working in a well versatile and experienced team, with close contact with customer (MOD).
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Project Engineer will involve:
- Providing technical guidance for BISS Engineering Output
- Participating in the preparation and delivery of Post design Services tasking including technical proposals and Statements of Work
- Leading Engineering investigations into Safety and Quality Incidents
- Carrying out Peer Reviews and approval of engineering work
- Leading engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery
- Being involved in the application of Governance process with agreement of BGEM and in accordance with Engineering Management Plan, inc. Design Certification as applicable
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Participating in a wide range of activities to support in service vessels including, detailed design, support to build, concept design and delivery
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Marine Engineering, Small Craft Design, Marine Technology or Mechanical
- Knowledge in small craft design
- Experience with working with the appropriate regulations and standards
- Experience of working in a Boat / Shipyard
- Experience of operations in small craft
- Working on MOD contracts
- Knowledge of product safety principles
What We're Looking for in you:
We are looking for you to be capable of communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels. You will be able to explain difficult technical subject matters to non-specialists and other engineers as well as be comfortable representing us both in the supply chain and in the customer community.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Flexible Working: At Maritime Services, we embrace flexible and modern working arrangements and feel this is an important part of the benefits that we have on offer. It helps us to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. This role can be undertaken either full time, part time, job share, flexible hours or we would welcome your suggestions for how we could make this role fit your circumstances.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.