Principle Performance and Dynamics Engineer is required for an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. This is an exciting opportunity to work on major programmes within the Systems Engineering team based at Gloucester.
As a Principle Performance and Dynamics Engineer you will be involved in conducting performance and dynamic analysis for mechanical, hydraulic and occasionally basic electrical systems as they relate to aircraft, landing gear, extension/retraction and steering. You will also support requirements definition and validation, verification test activities and assist with the development of methods and tools. Possessing in-depth knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic systems, you will generate strategies as they relate to performance and dynamics activities on given programmes.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
- Build computational models and run simulations.
- Calculate static and dynamic loads.
- Conduction performance and frequency response analyses.
- Conduct stability, shimmy, modal analysis and failure case analyses.
- Correlate and validate computational models.
- Write and validate performance and dynamics requirements.
- Define and document simulation cases and pass/fail criteria.
- Optimise design solutions in conjunction with other engineering disciplines.
- Define test requirements and analyse and interpret test results.
- Adherence to the programme schedules.
- Some travel may be required
To apply for this position, you should have some of the following skills and experience:
- Minimum degree level education (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of Landing Gear Systems.
- Experience of dynamic analysis and computational modelling and simulation.
- Experience of model correlation and validation.
- Knowledge of airworthiness requirements and certification.
- Basic knowledge of systems and electrical engineering.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink, MSC ADAMS, MSC EASY5 and AMESim.
- Sufficient experience to write requirements within and use DOORS.