Birmingham, West Midlands
about 1 year ago
Job title: Principal Module Reliability engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
An excellent opportunity to spearhead reliability engineering in Electric Vehicle power control and testing. - Apply now
Our client has been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing Power Module and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining this leading technology company as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue with a major growth investment in the Birmingham area.
To support this growth plan, we are looking for a Principal Chip Design Engineer (IGBT & SiC) to join the R&D Centre. - This new centre will be situated in Birmingham. Successful candidates will be comfortable with travel to Lincoln in the first two months until the brand new and industry-leading design and development complex is up and running in Birmingham.
This role will be responsible for power module reliability analysis and test, Establish a module product reliability analysis method and work flow.
An excellent benefits package is offered to the right candidate.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of reliability research of power modules
- Responsible for the optimisation of power module reliability research system and the introduction of reliability methods and tools;
- Responsible for understanding and confirming customer requirements for reliability of power modules and making evaluation plans
- Establish and improve power module reliability test platform;
- Define and improve power module reliability test standards and related manuals
- Participate in the company's cutting-edge product reliability research, patent excavation and application
- Research and development of new test methods for reliability concerns;
- Study reliability failure mechanisms of new power device packaging
- Responsible for reliability analysis and health monitoring of power modules such as IGBTs and SiC and GaN;
- Establish life prediction and health monitoring systems for power modules;
- Establish failure models for various failure criteria based on various tests (stress-strain, humidity, vibration) data;
- Analysis of the failure mechanism of power modules to promote rectification and implementation;
- Research and tracking of cutting edge technology in power semiconductor module reliability;
- Assist in the development of departmental teams and newcomers training;
Core Skills and Education
- Master or PhD Degree or equivalent in a reliability, physics, materials, semiconductor, and other related subjects;
- The equivalent of a PhD with demonstrable experience in power module reliability analysis
- Solid background in DFR: ALT, HALT, Weibull analysis, reliability prediction, MTTF, life date analysis etc.
- Proficient in the power modules reliability test, using reliability statistics to interpret test results
- Proficient in the failure mechanism of power module reliability test
- Familiar with power semiconductor device package structure and packaging process
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation apply now or send your CV