Principal Module Process Development Engineer
Working hours: Hours: 9:00 – 18:00 Mon -Thurs and 09:00 -15:00 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Our client are an industry-leading producer of electronics components for the Automotive industry - These comprise IGBTs, Mosfets, Diodes, Converters and INVERTERS for motor control and on-board charging devices.
This role will be responsible for power device packaging process development, in charge go the manufacturability design of power semiconductor module, including soldering process, USW process, wire bonding, gel filling.
In this role "Module" pertains to small power-electronics devices such as IGBTs, Mosfets, Converters and Inverters and as such you will need to have developed methods of production/manufacturability and packaging for small ELECTRONIC components only.
- · Responsible for the manufacturability design and review, including but not limited to die attaching, soldering, wire bonding, USW, gel filling.
- · Responsible for soldering process of power device packaging, to ensure the normal production of the soldering process
- · Debug and optimize the soldering process to guarantee the soldering process meet the required specifications
- · Participate in new packaging process development, such as soldering, silver sintering, TLP, etc., and promoting product implementation.
- · Solve the existing process problem in production, improve yield and analyse defective products.
- · Responsible for the formulation and implementation of the process test plan;
- · Development of equipment required for the packaging process;
- · Assist structural engineers to design and process welding fixtures;
- · Define working documents such as job instructions, inspection standards, equipment maintenance specifications, and related training for operators.
Core Skills and Education
· A Degree or equivalent in a microelectronics, semiconductor, physics, materials and other related subjects;
- · Demonstrable experience in the R&D of power device packaging process
- · Solid background in power device packaging process, microelectronics, semiconductor physics, and materials science.
- · Familiar with various packaging processes and equipment
- · Familiar with reflow soldering process
- · Familiar with quality analysis and process solutions of various soldering products of power module
- · Understand the failure analysis of the power module
- · Know about Solid Edge or other 3D design software
- · Understand the working principle and application of power devices
If you are eligible to work in the UK and have demostrable experience in electronics module development then please apply now, or send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.