Principal Module Design Engineer - Power Electronics
Salary from £50000 p/a
You must be eligible to work in the UK or be in possession of a Tier 2 General Visa at the point of application.
Our client are establishing a brand-new innovation centre in Birmingham for the development of power electronics and motor control units fop Electric Vehicle OEMs all of the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead on the packaging and integration of the modules from PCB layout, materials selection through to process development.
This role will be responsible power device packaging development, Conduct packaging structure design as well as analysis and calculation, define technical specifications for subunit, and manage deliverable results/reports.
This is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Working days free lunch
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counselling service
- Responsible for power module development base on IGBT ,SiC as well as other power device,
- Responsible for power module design, including 3D/2D drawing for assemblies and parts as well as the analysis and calculation during development.
- Participate in parameter extraction of power modules, EMC/EMI research and packaging structure optimization design.
- Participate in the research of IGBT power module characteristics and data sheet preparation
- Continuously capture the power device packaging technology
- Participate in the company's cutting-edge product technology research, patent excavation and application
- Participate in productizing power device packaging technology following company product development
- Responsible for requirement input of design, analysis, simulation, testing,define technical specifications ,reports and other documentation
- Responsible for DEFMEA of power modules, formulate related documents according to APQP process
- Follow-up, modification and acceptance of mold making
- Define the specification and test standard of structural material
- Structural sample testing, small batch trial production follow up and assessment
- Responsible for drawing filing
Core Skills and Education
- A degree in Electronic engineering, microelectronics, physics, materials and other related subjects;
- At least 8 years of experience in R&D of power device packaging.
- Solid background in electronic packaging technology, microelectronics and solid-state electronics, semiconductor physics, and materials science.
- Familiar with packaging structure of power device, and packaging process;
- Familiar with various common packaging materials;
- Experience using 3D modelling software such as Solid Edge or other 3D design software
- Familiar with the basic processing technology of plastic and hardware
- Understand power module failure analysis;
- Familiar with automotive APQP documentation (DFMEA, special feature list, etc.) is preferred
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.