- Sector: Energy
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 10 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59671
Principal Mechanical Engineer – Industrial Engineering
Power Generation - Permanent – Devon – Attractive
A Principal Mechanical Engineer is required to join a leading company that specialises within complete power generation solutions, from design and engineering to assembly and maintenance. The Principal Mechanical Engineer will support the delivery of effective mechanical Engineering solutions within a professionally managed level of risk to meet project, business and contractual requirements to the defined budget and schedule.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership and direction for the technical Mechanical Engineering issues.
- Act as a representative and focal interface within the Engineering Department.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and the Principal Electrical Engineers.
- Deliver verified and validated Mechanical Engineering solutions that comply with standards.
- Ensure that Mechanical Engineering experience and capability is shared and passed on.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are agreed and consistently applied across products.
- Leadership of the mechanical aspects of the power gen system across delegated operation.
- Ensure that the mechanical aspects are appropriately and fully integrated.
- Identify and manage risks across projects and baseline products.
- Provide the necessary evidence and documentation to support the requirements.
- Ensure the development and deployment of continuous improvement to objectives.
- Ensure that the Engineering Manager and Principal Electrical Engineer are kept up to date.
- Provide support to the Engineering Manager as required.
- Deploy engineering processes, methods, and tools across projects.
- Assist other engineers as required to provide all necessary evidence and documentation.
- Ensure that all technical direction/decisions made gives consideration to the budget.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance and where appropriate fully worked solutions.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- An engineering professional with a minimum of a degree/HND in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working with power generation equipment and or rotating machinery.
- High level of knowledge in PED and Machinery Directive.
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving with the ability to plan.
- Be able to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
- Be a good communicator.
- Can work under your own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Can undertake short overseas visits.
- Be computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Autodesk.
- Full driving licence valid in the UK and Passport valid for travel.
- Ability in a second European Language would be advantageous.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Principal Mechanical Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Principal Mechanical Engineer role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV’s to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.