- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58793
Principal Materials Design and Test Engineer - JP00000391
£28.05 per hour PAYE
12 month initial assignment
- Anti-corrosion design and development for all vehicle projects, covering new model conceptual design through to market performance evaluation
- Ensure direct material conformance and compliance to standards and specifications by championing Control Plans, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Product Design Reviews, Inspection Standards, Testing and Rework Methods and Technical Specifications.
- Support the development of DFMEAs to determine potential risks in product design and support resolution of high-risk issues.
- Developing enhanced performance products and detailing the requirements with the assistance of CAE / CAD design (technical drawing) through to production plant staff support.
- Supporting current model paint and anti-corrosion market warranty concerns
- Undertaking corrosion audits at the manufacturing plant, market surveys, performance benchmarking and target setting
- Undertaking supplier sourcing for in-house materials
- Cost reduction idea development and implementation
- Supporting other design engineers with paint and coating related enquiries, e.g. chassis parts, fixings, interior parts
- Provision of advice on corrosion improvement
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in automotive body and paint shops or in the anti-corrosion material development industry.
- Extensive experience of anti-corrosion technologies in the automotive industry. Experience of anti-corrosion coatings, coating application processes and the raw materials used in the formulation of these products.
- Must have strong knowledge of surface defects, sealer & paint shop related materials
- Extensive knowledge regarding corrosion mechanisms and techniques applied for corrosion avoidance within the automotive industry.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision when undertaking corrosion assessments on vehicle parts and structures.
- Highly organized and confident with an ability to manage projects within set deadlines
- Ability to identify and explain corrosion concerns in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to multitask effectively within a team environment in managing priorities.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily 5S directives
- Communication language - English (fluent)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Valid driving license
This role is INSIDE IR35
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.