Competitive Plus Benefits
Manufacturing Operations Manager (SME)
Salary: £Competitive Plus Benefits
Principal, Manufacturing, Production, Systems, Innovation, Digitisation, Improvements, Leadership, 8D, 5Y, automation, manufacturing systems, advanced manufacturing.
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Operations Manager with a track record of driving and developing operational performance within an SME's environment, preferably within the automotive and/or engineering arena. As an enthusiastic and natural leader, you will be a capable individual with a hands-on approach to introducing new systems, processes and techniques into the manufacturing environment to improve efficiencies, increase productivity, eliminate waste and ultimately have a positive impact on bottom line profit.
As a Manufacturing Operations Manager, you will need to demonstrate the ability to manage the identification, rationalisation and delivery of new systems, processes and techniques to target the improvements of production and manufacturing processes across the SME marketplace, being able to manage teams through effective leadership to delivery results in a quick and effective time frame and within budget constraints. As a Manufacturing Operations Manager, you will require:
- Support SME’s in the identification and implementation of modern manufacturing principles and practices to include areas such as digitization, automation, and modernization of the production arena.
- Day to day support to the manufacturing team in production of automotive and general engineering components and systems
- Identify wate within the manufacturing environment and make recommendations for improvements
- Developing manufacturing processes to support production driving continuous improvement.
- Optimising of manufacturing processes by improving efficiencies, reducing wastage, enhancing yield and reducing cost.
- Industrialisation of new products / New Product Introduction – take a design concept and find the best way of manufacturing it.
- Fully use the tools of APQP such as FMEA, PPAP, DFM, DFA to develop and support operations
- Lead teams in the delivery of effective manufacturing solutions across the SME market to positively impact operations.
As a Manufacturing Operations Manager, you should have experience in the following:
- Driving improvements, performance and efficiencies within an SME environment from a senior managerial level to positively impact bottom line profits
- Deliver the introduction of advanced manufacturing technology, digitization, business transformation, automation and improvements across all engineering / manufacturing operations within the SME or 1st / 2nd Tier arena
- Ability to optimize manufacturing processes, equipment, and systems to increase efficiencies and eliminate waste to positively impact productivity, quality, and ultimately bottom-line profits
- Ability to support the development of a modern continuous improvement and lean manufacturing culture across the organization.
- Lead multiple manufacturing and digitization projects and programmes across various SME’s to understand needs and requirements while engaging with the organizations deliver solutions in a personal way to ensure buy in and delivery with minimal disruption
- Have exposure in driving change management and lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, or similar continuous improvement methods to drive effective change.
So if you have a true passion for modern manufacturing, automation, digitisation, business transformation and process improvement and have exposure to driving and managing change with an SME environment having, have held a senior managerial level position (Operations, Manufacturing, General Management, CEO) with a proven track record of leadership and delivering projects, you should apply today as applications are expected to be high. For further information please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.