Job Title: Principal Hardware Engineer
Industry: Automotive Electronics
Our Client are a brand new R&D facility for a long-established rail and automotive power electronics semiconductor manufacturer of IGBTs and DC Converters.
In this role the successful applicants will be responsible for intelligent active gate drive technology research and product development that match our own Si and WBG power semiconductor module.
- Responsible for gate drive circuit and measurement circuit development for automotive applications.
- Hardware circuit concept design, detailed design, schematic and PCB design and review according to specification.
- Hardware design analysis/simulation or such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, worst case analysis, tolerance, thermal etc.
- Actively communicate with external suppliers, universities, research institutes and clients, keep in line with the cutting-edge technology and future trending technology
Core Skills and Education
- Bachelors/ Master/PhD’s degree in one of the following subjects; physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering.
- Familiar with automotive or high integrity electronic hardware design process and standards.
- Hardware design analysis experience such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, Worst case analysis.
- Power semiconductor gate driver circuit design experience
- Electronic component selection: good interpretation capability of component datasheets, knowledgeable and experienced to select the most appropriate component
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced hardware engineer to develop your career in a fast paced, automotive technology company. In return for your experience, the company will offer you:
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays increasing with length of service.
- Free parking
- Free lunch Monday to Friday
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of Senior Hardware Engineer, then apply directly or contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.