- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 06 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61863
Principal Engineer - Vehicle Design Quality Promotion - 0533
To start ASAP - 12 months assignment
Rate: £28.61/hr PAYE (Inside IR35)
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Concern closure in line with key new model project milestones
- Data analysis and report preparation and delivery against project milestones
- Organising appropriate quality reviews with Design departments
- Preparing quality status and scorecard reports for development and lifecycle projects.
NLX are responsible for leading, driving and supporting continuous quality enhancements for all vehicles to ensure highest possible level of customer satisfaction. The role has huge influence on quality through utilisation of experience and enthusiasm to enable, engage and support quality improvement activity and includes global and cross functional communication.
- Project management of development & lifecycle model quality activities.
- Quality concern status tracking and reporting.
- Liaison with Total Customer Satisfaction function to investigate quality concerns & identify root cause.
- Liaison with R&D functions for quality concern resolution
- Liaison with manufacturing plant for vehicle quality improvement activity and manufacturing concern resolution.
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Ideally Bachelor degree (or equivalent) level in Automotive or Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Some knowledge of quality processes - design review, failure analysis, problem solving tools - FTA, etc.
- Organised, with attention to detail.
- Clear / concise communication skills
- Experience within an automotive development environment, ideally including project management
- Whole vehicle component / system familiarity, including basic function, terminology, awareness of cost, basic test requirements, mass production, supplier liaison
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Teams essential)
- Strong data analysis skills and manipulation know-how (Excel skills)
- Able to demonstrate evidence of working individually to a given brief on own initiative whilst delivering and reporting to a matrix management.
- Understands and familiar in the use of the PDCA cycle (Plan Do Check Action)
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.