Principal Engineer - Power Electronics & Electric Machines
A exciting opportunity for an outstanding Power Electronics Principal Engineer to provide technical leadership in research and development and demonstration activities in the field of power electronics and electric machines and controls technology. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented engineer to develop engineering excellence in Power Electronics and motor control.
As Power Electronics Principal Engineer, you will be required to:
- Provide technical leadership in research, development and demonstrator implementation activities in the field of power electronics and electric machines, primarily working on the APC-funded project led by Jaguar Land Rover.
- Provide broad ranging Technical Leadership for the successful and timely delivery of outputs from the project and other related projects in the field of the electrification of transport and the development of static energy storage solutions. This includes effective technical leadership, planning, monitoring, good use of resources, analysis and presentation of results to meet project targets.
- Represent our client as a recognised and credible expert in electrical engineering.
- Broaden the research network in areas related to transport electrification by actively seeking new industrial and academic partners.
- Prioritise requests from various stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of the research programmes and to benefit WMG.
- Be responsible for the activities occurring in the project workshops associated with the power electronics and electric machines research group.
- Provide co-supervision of Research Students to doctoral level to ensure industrial relevance and applicability.
As Principal Engineer - Power Electronics And Electric Machines you will have:
- A Degree in a relevant engineering / scientific discipline or equivalent experience
- Significant industrial experience in the delivery of engineering projects in electrical power delivering targets on time within budget
- Extensive knowledge of electrical engineering or manufacturing
- Ability to provide technical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and researchers.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, managing workloads of self and the team you are line managing.
- Experience of driving successfully tender processes for large pieces of equipment and ensure safe operation.
- Ability to identify key areas of innovation and research
- Ability to influence and negotiate in a confident and professional manner, with excellent communication skills, (written and verbal) to interface appropriately with students, academics and industrial collaborators
- The ability to analyse and solve complex problems with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to generate high quality technical papers for peer reviewed journals
- Experience of working in collaborative, ideally research projects
- Proven ability to correctly prioritise a broad range of requests from many customers, both internal and external, and ensure safe operation
- Professional membership of appropriate organisations
**Please note that applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the Untied Kingdom BEFORE application**
If you meet the above criteria and would like to know more, please contact Tim.Parkes@jonlee.co.uk or call for a discreet conversation on 03184 446145 now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.