- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Client: Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC)
- Expiry Date: 07 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61436
Title: Principal Engineer CAD, Interior Trim
Keywords: Interior Trim, CATIA V5, CAD Design, Body Engineering
Rate: Excellent rate of Pay, Role INSIDE IR35
The company employ engineers and technical specialists and is regarded as a centre-of-excellence for whole vehicle design and development. A small but complete car company, with expertise in advanced engineering and research, design, whole vehicle product development and manufacturing engineering. There continues to be significant investment from the parent company.
An experienced Principal Engineer – Interior Trim is required to join a company based in a brand new impressive, state of the art Building on Warwick University Campus, leading the development of new vehicle designs, assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product ranges.
The Principal Engineer, Interior Trim is responsible for technical delivery to cost, quality & time for tasks and activities assigned to them by their module team line manager.
Support the APC, Chief Engineer, Interior Trim and Cockpit in all day-to-day activities.
Support other APC activities as required.
Engineering BoM development. Cost / weight pack development. Weight BoM management.
PMXU generation – Part identification in BoM for unique or carryover status
Some limited support of DFMEA & DVP creation.
Design surface (CAS) feasibility ‘FC' checks. Provide feasibility advice & guidance
Engineering hard-point generation.
The Engineer for this role will ideally be able to demonstrate relevant engineering experience, gained from working on module area systems design & development, from concept to production.
Candidate requirements include:
• CAD operation skills – Expectation for engineer to be able to create and manipulate geometry for primary communication of concepts / schemes. (Expectation 90% time utilisation for geometry generation).
• Catia v5 operative skills, to be able to demonstrate high technical competence – Generation of 3D geometry & sectional data. (Key module utilisation: Part design & Geometric Surface design. Parametric and associative modelling experience would be an advantage).
• Experience of using TCUA (Team Centre) & PLM preferable.
• Engineering experience in delivery of the designated module systems in the automotive sector or similar industries.
• Evidence of engineering skills, including ability to manage & resolve engineering issues.
• Understands roles & needs of different client groups. Evidence of working effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve results.
• Compliance with company procedures & quality standards.
• Involvement in process improvements.
• Highly motivated with good logical reasoning. Strong numeracy & literacy with good organisational & communication skills.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.