Competitive Plus Benefits
2 months ago
Principal Engineer (Interior & Exterior)
Salary: £Competitive Plus Benefits
Principal, Design, Development, Project, Delivery, engineering, Test, Innovation, Leadership, Advanced Materials, Suppliers, Plastic, Interior, Exterior, Closures.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer (Interior & Exterior) with a track record of delivery within the automotive and niche vehicle arena. Covering both interior and exterior components and systems our client is seeking an enthusiastic and capable individual with a hands-on approach to new product design, development, and delivery for new vehicle programmes.
As a Principal Engineer (Interior & Exterior), you will need to demonstrate the ability to lead and manage teams in the innovation, design and delivery of products and systems for new concept and niche vehicles supporting all design, development, test and prototype stages prior to production build. As a Principal Engineer (Interior & Exterior), you will require:
- To define the system strategy, targets and testing of the system, and engineering design, liaising with the senior project leaders, suppliers, and partners to agree on content.
- To actively participate in high-level decision making for the direction of the project as part of strategic planning reviews with the Chief Engineer and other relevant personnel.
- To provide technical leadership of vehicle interior design and development, including, dash and instrument panel, doors trim, plastic closures, exterior plastic including body panel components and bumpers, leading to the successful and timely delivery of outputs from the project. This includes effective: planning, monitoring, use of resources, analysis, and presentation of results to meet project targets.
- To represent the organisation system design, development, and technology to a wide range of current and future collaborative partners.
- To translate the project deliverables into a successful plan of work through the management of the team, to deliver within the project budget and timescale.
- To generate system ideas and liaison with Chief Engineer to secure a stable income funding stream.
- To ensure that the design and industrial collaborative activities within the project offers the most appropriate solutions for the organisation and the industrial partners.
- To disseminate project outputs through presentations, seminars, technical papers etc to a wide audience, as appropriate.
As a Principal Engineer (Interior & Exterior), you should have experience in the following:
- Extensive industrial experience of the system design/development, primarily focused in lightweight / high stiffness structures and, with additional experience in managing suppliers and delivering to SOP.
- Ability to lead design/project teams in the delivery of new and innovative interior & exterior systems from concept through all design, development, test, and prototype phases within a new/niche vehicle programme.
- Strong communication, organization, and project delivery skills, being able to pull together cross functional teams and stakeholders to ensure gateways and timing plans are achieved.
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative approach to complex problems and into the system product design, allowing for the implementation of new technologies into the design.
So if you have a true passion for leading product design and development projects with a track record in delivering interior & exterior programmes for new vehicle design programmes and would like to be considered for the Principal Engineers (Interior & Exterior) position, you should apply today as applications are expected to be high. For further information please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.