WMG, University of Warwick, Coventry
Principal Engineer, Functional Safety
Fixed Term Contract until July 2021
Please note that due to COVID -19 The stautus of this role may change and recruitment may be delayed initially - please continue to apply.
Are you a Functional Safety Expert with a strong expore on implementing the standards into Software systems?
Successful candidates MUST be able to demonstrate extensive experience as a Functional Safety Engineer.
Our Client is leading the development of the underpinning science, technology and manufacturing in vehicle electrification in the UK. This role is for a functional safety lead engineer to work as part of a cross functional team bringing these innovative technology building blocks to novel vehicle electrification solutions.
You will be working with diverse and novel applications and you will need to be able to apply your functional safety knowledge across sectors and to novel technologies. This will include automotive, aerospace, off-highway, commercial, rail and marine sectors amongst others. You will need a sound knowledge of functional safety legislation and standards, ideally across different sectors.
You will help the sub-system technology experts develop the safest solutions as well as the addressing concept safety cases at vehicle level. You will need to be able to help stakeholders and partners understand functional safety and develop training material.
You will represent us and need to be able to work effectively with a wide and diverse range of collaborative partners. The key requirements for the job are:
- Expertise in functional and none functional safety.
- Experience in systems engineering.
- Functional safety and mitigation techniques.
- Experience of the product safety analysis and development of safety cases.
- Understanding and influencing the standards and legislation across sectors such as automotive, aerospace, rail and off-highway.
In return, we will provide a great range of benefits that include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities. You will work in a vibrant team with outstanding links to research and industry.
We are committed to supporting staff to achieve their potential. We currently hold the Athena SWAN Bronze Award and the University of Warwick holds an Institutional Silver Award: a national initiative that recognizes the advancement of gender equality, representation, progression and success for all in academia. We are supportive of staff with caring responsibilities including a generous maternity/paternity/adoption/parental leave policy, and onsite childcare facilities. We will consider applications for employment on a part-time or other flexible working basis, even where a position is advertised as full-time, unless there are operational or other objective reasons why it is not possible to do so.
You will be employed to work on the Vehicle Electrification Systems Team in collaboration with industry and academic partners.
- To lead the research and development process for Functional Safety of vehicle electrification across multiple sectors such as automotive, aerospace, marine, rail and off-highway.
- To provide broad ranging technical leadership for the successful and timely delivery of outputs for a range of collaborative functional safety projects within vehicle electrification. This includes effective: technical leadership, planning, monitoring, use of resources, training, analysis and presentation of results to meet project targets.
- To work with our academics to identify the challenges and needs faced by industry in order to identify, pursue and successfully secure additional funding. To establish collaborative research activities with partner organisations.
- To broaden the functional safety network by actively seeking new industrial and academic partners.
- To prioritise requests from various stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of the research programmes and to benefit WMG.
- To be responsible for process control of the activities occurring in the project workshops and on-road testing, including health and safety, scheduling of activity and training, and to implement quality management protocols and processes related to functional safety.
- To provide co-supervision of Project Engineers and Research Students to doctoral level to ensure industrial relevance and applicability
If you are interested in this exciting Automotive Functional Safety Engineer position, please apply now or email email@example.com with your CV.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.