- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 55786
Principal Engineer - Electrified Powertrain - Electronic Systems - Leamington Spa - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
Our client has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Electrified Powertrain Engineer to develop high performance electronic systems for automotive, aerospace and off-highway projects. The successful candidate will develop innovative Electrified Powertrain applications, for a range of high-profile clients.
As Principal Engineer - Electrified Powertrain you will be required to
- Define and review Electrified Powertrain system requirements and architectures for customer and internal programs in automotive, aero and off-highway applications for ASIL C/D applications.
- Create detailed designs for high power (>150kW, 300-800V) traction inverters and associated control and interface circuits, actuators and sensors.
- Work with mechanical engineers to develop integrated electronic / mechanical / thermal design concepts.
- Define and review test plans and DVPRs for Electrified Powertrain systems and components from traction inverters to fully integrated electric drive units (EDUs).
- Support electric powertrain control software engineers to test and develop inverter and motor control software and test electronics hardware.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer. BOM generation and review.
- Where appropriate, undertake a Project Lead role - leading a project team to deliver to technical and commercial requirements.
As Principal Engineer - Electrified Powertrain you will need
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science related discipline.
- Extensive experience of electric powertrain system design.
- Proven experience in the safe use of high power equipment in a high voltage development environment. Including high power battery emulators and dynos.
- A familiarity with digital motor control schemes for a variety of motor topologies, and microcontroller implementation techniques.
- The ability to meet electric powertrain EMC requirements, and to be able to generate subsystem DFMEA and HARA at program initiation.
- Provide project timing, resource and cost planning information to support Program Management and Business Development activities.
- Contribute to and deliver technical conference and white papers, sharing technical knowledge across the business.
- To be available for worldwide, short and long-haul travel.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electric Powertrain Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.