Principal Design Engineer - Electrical
A Principal Design Engineer is required to join a growing, niche engineering company that specialise in the design and development of specialist light source equipment The successful applicant will be reporting to the UK CTO; leading and managing electrical development projects.
This role involves working within a R&D focussed team, the successful candidate will be commercially astute with excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss technical solutions with customers.
Principal Design Engineer- Key Responsibilities
- Managing and ensuring smooth running of electrical and electronic production engineering. Such as organising drawing updates, bespoke customer modifications and general product portfolio evolution and improvement.
- Designing and testing prototypes of electronic and electrical systems for LV and HV systems.
- Designing LED driver circuits, fan control circuitry and other firmware utilised within specialist light source products.
- Programming embedded devices for firmware control such as GALs, Pics and Arduinos.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Principal Design Engineer
- Proven experience in a Senior Electrical or Electronic engineering lead role.
- Proven track record of electrical & electronic engineering design using appropriate design packages such as Proteus, Solidworks Electrical, EPlan or similar.
- Experience of programming PLC’s, PIC’s Gall’s & other embedded firmware
This is an excellent opportunity for an electrical specialist to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Oxfordshire based company will offer you:
- Excellent salary
- Flexible benefits package
- Opportunity to work on product development of innovative technologies and prototypes.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.