about 1 month ago
Principal Engineer – Electric Machines and Drives - Coventry - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Principal Engineer – Electric Machines and Drives is required to work on the development of new and highly innovative electric machine and drive systems for a world-renowned research group. This will involve the application of electric machines, power electronics and associated control technology. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented engineer to turn their ideas into reality, from blank page concepts to outstanding designs with ground-breaking performance.
As Principal Engineer – Electric Machines and Drives – you will be required to
- Lead the development of the Electric Powertrain for new vehicles, with a particular focus on delivering a high power-to-weight ratio electric drive unit.
- To provide specialist technical knowledge in the field of electric machines and drives for automotive traction applications.
- You will also guide the development of inhouse models for the electric drive unit and the associated manufacturing and in process measurements of the system.
- Your role will also be to maximise academic and industrial partnerships embedding the technology in UK SMEs, working closely with current and future collaborative partners.
- Provide effective technical management, analysis, planning, monitoring and design expertise in conjunction with all other related project areas and be responsible for test and development activities and contracts with external partners.
- To disseminate project output by reports, presentations and other suitable methods.
As Principal Engineer – Electric Machines and Drives – you will have
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of technical leadership of electric powertrain designs and deliverables.
- The ability to manage multi-disciplined, complex, technical projects.
- The ability to supervise and support junior engineers.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electric Machines and Drives Engineers should apply today by contacting Dr Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.