2 months ago
Principal Engineer – Development and Test – Warwick - £ Exceptional DOE
A Principal Engineer – Development and Test is required for a highly respected and innovative engineering consultancy. Operating in a variety of sectors including automotive, off-highway, aerospace and marine. Our client uses expert knowledge to provide a full product engineering and development service. You will act as the technical leader of major mechanical and cross functional powertrain projects. Achieving this through accurate resource planning, risk management and combining the expert knowledge from within the development & test function and other areas of the company.
As Principal Engineer – Development and Test - you will be required to
- Actively manage the test and development engineering team, ensuring efficient use of manpower and facilities.
- Generate and approve test schedules and DVP for customer and internal projects.
- Be accountable for mechanical test and development activity on component, subsystem and system test rigs and vehicles
- Contribute to the development of necessary tools and quality processes to support a growing business.
- Support, coach and mentor engineers working on interesting and challenging projects for a wide variety of customers.
- Work with customers to understand market needs and develop technical relationships.
- Manage and oversee project reports for financial, timing and resources while reporting to senior management.
- Planning and requesting resources required to deliver projects under your responsibility.
- Ensure test techniques and instrumentation employed are appropriate and efficient to the task at hand.
- Contribute to the technical strategy of the company by identifying key research and development projects
- Develop business proposals and deliver technical papers, white papers and press releases regarding the company’s progress in your field
As Principal Engineer – Development and Test you will have
- Extensive experience of managing engineering teams.
- Extensive experience of automotive powertrain development including both rig & vehicle-based test programmes as well as specification and use of instrumentation & PC based data acquisition systems.
- Excellent understanding of automotive transmission test techniques, instrumentation and automotive electronics
- Programming knowledge – Simulink, Visual Basic, Labview
- Comprehensive understanding of instrumentation and automotive electronics
- Experience with engineering tools such as Matlab, Labview, DIAdem
- CAN bus knowledge and related software (Vector CANape, ETAS INCA)
- Experience testing transmissions and drivelines – component, subsystem and assembly
What you will get:
- An exceptional salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects in a fantastic facility.
Suitably qualified and experienced Development and Test Engineer should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.