Principal Engineer, Control Systems
R&D Centre: Assemblies
Hours of work:
37 hours a week
Our Client have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are looking for a Principal Chip Design Engineer (IGBT & SiC) to join our R&D Centre.
This role is responsible for development of motor and electronics control, implementing control strategy and generation of software from Matlab-Simulink models. The engineer will be responsible for architectural review, system review, training and guidance of junior team members.
- Implementation of control software architecture, manage requirements development
- Development and optimization of motor control algorithm, PWM algorithm and DCDC control algorithm
- Development and optimization of motor drive system calibration and diagnosis method
- Implementation of system integration and make specification of testing plan * Experience of system modelling using Matlab-Simulink and Autocode generation.
- C code generation and use in a model based development environment.
- Evaluate functional safety solution and ASIL decomposition solution
- Implementation of Simulink model testing, SIL, PIL and etc. according to ISO26262 * Generation of traceability report and write documents
- Minimum Bachelors degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline
- Demonstrable extensive hardware development working experience in automotive Tier 1 supplier or OEM
- Motor control development experience.
- Experience with model based systems engineering and software development
- Experience with CAN and other peripheral drivers
- Familiar with Analog and digital circuit
- Experience with safety critical code standard like MISRA C Experience with embedded C programming
- Experience with AUTOSAR and ISO26262
- Experience with V model software testing process and version control
- Experience with CAN testing tools, calibration protocol and tools
- Experience with requirements management tool like DOORS etc
- Experience with software architecture design tool like Rhapsody, PREEVision and etc.
- Experience with functional safety software like Medini
- SysML/UML modelling
- FMEA Knowledge
Desirable Technical Skillset
- Familiar with NXP or Infineon processors
- FMEA awareness
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply, or send your CV or call on 01384 446145