- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Expiry Date: 08 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59726
Principal Engineer- Interiors
Attractive Salary plus benefits listed below
A Principal Designer is required to join a small but complete vehicle manufacturer. You will work within both pre and post vehicle programme KO phases covering vehicle zones such as Interior Trim and the Cockpit (IP Console.)
The Principal Engineer is responsible for technical delivery to cost, quality & time for tasks and activities assigned to them by their module team line manager.
As Principal Engineer - you
- Will be responsible for engineering design, development & integration across these components: Cockpit (IP, Console), Interior Trim, Seats & Restraints. BIW, Closures & Mechanisms, Exterior Trim, Lighting & Optical Quality.
- Will work on new vehicle programmes but the team may also be asked to lead and/or support any innovation projects.
- Will be responsible for technical delivery to cost, quality & time for tasks and activities assigned to you by your module team line manager.
- Will work from concept to production with experienced gained from working on module area systems design & development.
As Principal Engineer- you will have
- A Degree or equivalent with demonstrable depth of knowledge in a relevant technical speciality or an acknowledged industry expert in one or more areas.
- Proven CAD Design expertise in one or more of Auto Engineering disciplines (Interiors, Cockpit.)
- Catia V5 Experience (Part design, Geometric Surface design & Kinematics)
- System Delivery of both Prototype and Production Designs Design Studio Feasibility Support.
- Interpersonal (cross team relationships & team working skills) are essential to work effectively in this small but highly capable team.
- To be able to demonstrate technical delivery of system design / engineer in automotive or other relevant industry experience is essential.
What you will get as Principal Engineer;
- A competitive salary and extensive benefits such as:
- Car allowance, Pension, Health and Life insurance, Private Medical, Flexible working /Work from home policy, Extendable lunch, Access to facilities and more.
- The opportunity to work in high tech modern facilities working on highly-rewarding projects in a supportive team environment
- On-going training & professional development
Suitably qualified and experienced Principal Engineers should apply today by contacting Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121 or email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.