- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Duration: contract
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 22 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61124
Title: Principal CAD Exterior Trim Engineer
Keywords: Exterior Trim / Lighting / CAD Design / CATIA V5
Rate: Excellent rate of Pay, Role INSIDE IR35
The company employ engineers and technical specialists and is regarded as a centre-of-excellence for whole vehicle design and development. A small but complete car company, with expertise in advanced engineering and research, design, whole vehicle product development and manufacturing engineering. There continues to be significant investment from the parent company.
An experienced Exterior Trim Design Engineer is required to join a company based in a brand new impressive, state of the art Building on Warwick University Campus, leading the development of new vehicle designs, assisting the parent company with the development of a coherent design language across product ranges.
The Principal CAD Engineer, Exterior Trim is responsible for technical delivery to cost, quality & time for tasks and activities assigned to them by their module team line manager.
- Support the APC, Lead Engineer, Exterior Trim & Lighting in all day-to-day activities
- Support other APC activities as required
- Engineering BoM development. Cost / weight pack development. Weight BoM management
- PMXU generation – Part identification in BoM for unique or carryover status
- DFMEA & DVP creation & maintenance
- Design surface (CAS) feasibility ‘FC' checks. Provide feasibility advice & guidance
- Engineering hard-point generation
- Participate in cross functional integration reviews for components & systems, considering technical application, form, function & harmonisation of the execution
- Develop timing plans
- Develop scope-of-work documents with key deliverables identified
- Drive closure of issues & establish the cost, weight & timing impacts
- Support the module deliverables through to the programme required gateway
- Development of engineering systems & quality systems
- Benchmarking of competitor vehicles & reporting of findings
You will ideally be Degree qualified, have a number of years experience in exterior trim design from within automotive and ideally some lighting knowledge.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.