4 months ago
Principal Engineer – Battery Safety - Coventry - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Principal Engineer – Battery Safety is required to provide technical leadership and represent a growing department in the area of battery safety. You will use your significant industrial experience in the area of battery safety, battery thermal runaway, battery management and battery hazard mitigation to guide a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and researchers. Your work will be primarily focused on the emerging aerospace electrification sector. Supporting collaborative research with a range of exciting partners from start-ups in the Urban Air Mobility sector through to large multinational aerospace companies.
As Principal Engineer – Battery Safety – you will be required to
- Provide Technical Leadership for battery safety (primarily around thermal propagation) across a range of collaborative and directly funded research projects.
- This includes effective: technical leadership, planning, monitoring, use of resources, analysis and presentation of results to meet project targets.
- Represent the company as a recognised and credible expert in battery safety.
- Inform and educate stakeholders and aerospace certification authorities to identify the challenges and needs faced by industry with regard to battery safety.
- Establish collaborative relevant research activities with partner organisations.
- Broaden the battery safety research network by actively seeking new industrial, and academic partners.
- Develop a battery safety engineering & research strategy to support cross sector applications from static energy storage through to aerospace, covering all aspects from functional safety, high voltage safety and thermal propagation containment.
- To provide co-supervision of Research Students to doctoral level to ensure industrial relevance and applicability.
As Principal Engineer – Battery Safety – you will have
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of technical leadership of safe battery design and deliverables.
- An understanding of thermal runaway in Li-ion battery cells.
- The ability to manage multi-disciplined, complex, technical projects.
- The ability to generate high quality technical documents and supervise and support junior engineers.
Suitably qualified and experienced Battery Safety specialists should apply today by contacting Dr Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.