Coventry, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
Principal Engineer - Advanced Automotive Systems - Coventry - £ Highly competitive DOE
To enable the development of new and highly innovative hybrid and EV programmes, working from blank page concepts to outstanding designs, this is an exceptional opportunity for engineers to turn their ideas into reality.
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Principal Engineer to influence and drive the design and development of hybrid and battery electric vehicles. This role is to provide specialist technical leadership in the field of electric powertrain design including electric machines, power electronics, control strategies, batteries and future technology integration.
The Principal Electrical Powertrain Engineer will report directly to the Chief Engineer, working closely with the other engineering functions, procurement, manufacturing and external suppliers to design and develop vehicles from concept to production to meet time, cost and specification requirements.
As Principal Engineer - Advanced Automotive Systems - you will be required to
- Define electric powertrain strategy for various new vehicle platforms.
- Participate in high level decision making and strategic planning reviews, including with industrial partners.
- Provide technical leadership in electric powertrain design. Including the areas of electric machines, power electronics, control strategies, batteries and interface technologies.
- Represent our client as a credible authority on electric vehicles with current and future collaborative partners.
- Have the vision to be able to propose where enhanced research in system areas could lead to performance gains.
- Act as a point of contact with customers and disseminate project outputs.
- The successful applicant must be prepared to travel to India to hold regular review meetings, with project partners.
As Principal Engineer - Advanced Automotive Systems - you will have
- Honours Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Specialised knowledge of at least one component of either electric machines, power electronics, control or battery technology. With an appreciation of all components and the interaction between them.
- A successful track record of strong leadership with the ability to influence and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with cross-functional teams and other business functions.
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative approach to the product design, allowing new technologies to be implemented.
Suitably qualified and experienced Advanced Automotive Systems Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter .