4 months ago
Principal Engineer - Aerodynamics
Attractive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits
The aerodynamics team based within the vehicle attributes group is responsible for conducting simulation, wind tunnel testing and development of aerodynamic performance in advanced engineering and vehicle concept programs so as to meet vehicle attribute requirements. All activities are undertaken in support of an end agreement with the parent company VATS group and vehicle engineering department
Reporting to the lead engineer for aerodynamics, a principal engineer is required to conduct aerodynamic CAE, test and development activities so as to ensure the delivery of advanced engineering, benchmarking and vehicle program work streams that have been assigned to the aerodynamics team.
The role will consist of:
- Vehicle program aerodynamics attribute development and delivery
- Generation of aerodynamic targets and design guidelines for applications throughout engineering programs
- Liaison with design and engineering functions to communicate aerodynamic requirements
- Application of CFD simulation (CAE) tools to evaluate aerodynamic characteristics and opportunities for further improvements
- Responsible for analysis of CAE and test data, reporting and communication of results
- Manage and deliver aerodynamics advanced engineering projects
- Evaluation of pressure distributions for component loading, cooling air flow and water management characteristics
- To support the development of the aerodynamics strategy and capabilities within the group
- Travel to India is expected in this role
Candidates must have a degree qualification or equivalent experience a strong understanding of the principles of automotive aerodynamics comma the theory and principles of fluid mechanics, aerodynamics simulation, test and development techniques, CFD software tools in their application and product design and engineering processes.