£50k - 60k per year + pension, 25 days holiday plus bank
01384 446 174
12 months ago
Advanced Electro-Mechanical Equipment
Salary circa £60,000, pension, 25 days holiday plus option to buy more.
This highly specialist manufacturing business is part of a very successful global organisation, but it is run autonomously as an agile, customer focused supplier of specialist, advanced mechanical -electrical ,medium-value, equipment into a niche sector that includes public and private sector organisations.
We have been asked to help in the recruitment of a dynamic and visionary Principal Engineer.
Working in this small but successful and ambitious company the Principal Engineer will support the Directors in a hands-on position as the leader of a small engineering team.
You will take the lead for product design and development, driving multiple projects and developing the process and infrastructure needed to support the product roadmap as the business grows.
As Principal Engineer, the duties are as follows:
- Key member of management team reporting into the Managing Director
- Leading a small engineering team of mechanical engineers and development technicians
- “Hands-on” engineering design and development.
- “Design authority” for mechanical and product design, working closely with Directors, who in turn are responsible for system architecture and software.
- Managing and/or supporting multiple projects both internal R&D and customer orders.
- Frequent customer contact building and maintaining good technical relationships.
- Responsibility for product compliance.
- Managing engineering product support activities, such as change control.
- Ownership of company PLM system (Oracle Agile)
- Owner of documented business processes for Engineering in support of ISO9001 accreditation
We are seeking Engineers who have the following attributes and education:
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent, in mechanical engineering or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience hands-on electro-mechanical product development.
- Likely to have developed career in design and development with increasing leadership and customer facing responsibilities.
- Working in a senior engineering role in a development environment.
- Proven hands-on team leadership.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Understanding of electronic systems desirable.
- Working with 3D CAD systems ideally SolidWorks.
- Assessing and supporting product and applications in the customer environment.
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 process driven environment
- Good working knowledge and application of Microsoft packages and relevant software
As this is a leadership position, within a small organisation, we are looking for these traits:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when building effective working relationships quickly and gaining confidence from team members
- Comfortable working as part of a small matrix team and able to provide leadership in areas of expertise in such an environment.
- Confident communicator able to operate as part of a team both within and outside of the company
- Flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Desire to take responsibility and deliver.
- Thrives in a dynamic small company environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Comfortable with direct customer communication.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
This is an excellent opportunity to join a true market leader in its field, the products it designs, and manufacture are used globally in a variety of organisations.
If you would like more information, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.