Birmingham, West Midlands
about 2 years ago
Principal Engineer - Rail Rolling Stock
We are looking for a Principal Engineer for an exciting and challenging rolein the Rail Rolling Stock arena, to be the focal point for technical expertise to integrate cutting edge technology enhancements onto existing rolling stock on turnkey projects. This involves being totally immersed in the project from contract award, through design, material procurement, validation and installation. This is for a leading company in railway rolling stock engineering technology installation and upgrading, based at their Birmingham facilities.
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for:
- Delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock.
- Supporting the Head of Engineering Technical and Project Manager by managing the engineering solutions.
- Producing non-drawing technical documentation associated with a project, then support the design department in the production of engineering drawings
- Identifying and specifying components, then provide technical support to the procurement team.
- Undertaking vehicle surveys.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Work to agreed procedures for the control of all drawings and documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering qualification at degree level, or equivalent industry experience.
- Significant industry experience within a Rail Engineering & Design Environment.
- Highly competent technical report writing with excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to discuss and promote technical issues with experts.
- Excellent at administration, time management and planning.
- Must have a detailed understanding of ex-BR rolling stock systems such as brakes, traction & sanding systems etc.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the rail industry and modern rail vehicles.
- Must be able to mentor and guide other members of the Engineering Team.
- Have expert knowledge of UK Railway Group Standards and railway related EN standards.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Life Insurance & Pension.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye or call on 01384446192.