Coventry, West Midlands
almost 2 years ago
6 month rolling
Principal Engine Mechanical Development Engineer - Coventry - Contract or Perm
This a terrific opportunity for an experienced Engine Mechanical Development Engineer to join this ambitious vehicle manufacturer at it's Coventry located Technical Centre. The Principal Engine Mechanical Development Engineer will be responsible for all development aspects across a range of powertrain efficiency projects including alternatives to Otto cycle and usual fuel technologies.
Main activities and tasks:
- Lead powertrain development, testing activities, base engine instrumentation and test bed preparation
- Work alongside design/CAE engineers to design and develop powertrain components and perform system level validation and verification tests
- Conduct engine parts wear and tear analysis and analyse effect on other systems such as lubrication, intake and exhaust
- Ensure all powertrain component and systems engineering requirements are met, liaising with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Support vehicle and engine test bed work with instrumentation plan
- Support new technologies integration activities with a hands-on approach to engineering design and development
Candidate requirements for this Principal Engine Mechanical Development Engineer job:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Specific knowledge of valve-train development (mandatory), engine installations, vehicle powertrain cooling systems and exhaust aftertreatment
- Knowledge of materials & manufacturing processes employed in powertrain and system engineering
- Experience in engine mechanical development and test bench activities
- Self-starter, capable of delivering multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Technical report writing ability
- Hands-on experience of instrumentation and test bed preparation
- Previous experience of INCA, in-cylinder pressure measurement
In return, the successful Principal Engine Mechanical Development Engineer can expect a competitive hourly rate or salary & car allowance + benefits.
Suitably qualified and experienced Engine Mechanical Development Engineers should contact Ray Greenman to make their interest known.