Coventry, West Midlands
about 2 years ago
6 month rolling
Principal Engine Combustion Engineer - Coventry - Contract Hourly Rate
This a terrific opportunity for an experienced Engine Combustion Engineer to join this ambitious vehicle manufacturer at it's Coventry located Technical Centre. In this unique opportunity you will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team, working on the development of current combustion engines, advanced technology integration and alternate fuel technologies.
The Engine Combustion engineer will be part of the Powertrain team with responsibility for powertrain combustion aspects. Using our engineering tools, the Engine Combustion Engineer will help to simulate and design engine combustion systems.
Main activities and tasks:
- Support the design and mechanical development activities for combustion engines and alternate fuel technologies
- Serve as an in-cylinder combustion expert
- Perform in-cylinder simulations; gas motion, charge motion, combustion, emission, CHT
- Provide support to testing and development
- Support new design and technology integration with ICE simulations
- Coordinate activities with software and test suppliers
- Couple 1D and other general-purpose software to increase the predictivity of simulations
- Support new technologies development and integration activities
Candidate requirements for this Engine Combustion Engineer job:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Possess a clear understanding of thermodynamics and ICE combustion fundamentals
- Experience of performing in-cylinder simulations
- Experience of coupling 1D and other general-purpose software to increase predictivity of simulations
- Self-starter, capable of delivering multiple projects with minimal supervision
- High level proficiency in using STAR-CD
- Good understanding of PFI and GDI
In return, the successful Engine Combustion Engineer can expect a competitive hourly rate.
Suitably qualified and experienced Engine Combustion Engineers should contact Ray Greenman to make their interest known.