Job title: Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Hours of work:37 hours a week
Target start date range 31st July- 31st August 2019
You must be eligible to work in the UK already to be considered for this role.
Principal Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing Low-level drivers and middleware for different projects, participating in architecture design of hardware and software. This role will also be responsible for the firmware development of the next generation systems based on the functional safety requirements. The engineer will be responsible for the guidance and training of junior members of the team and also address head-on, any issues faced on architecture, issues and any other technical issues faced by the software team.
This is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly Policies
- An Independent 24-hour confidential counselling service
- Leading and participating in software architecture design
- Leading evaluation of different processor platforms, different hardware architecture designs
- Leading evaluation of functional safety solutions, and ASIL decomposition solutions
- Leading the development of peripheral drivers, generating middleware and debugging code
- Building toolchain and process of embedded software development
- Implementing CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet communication
- Implementing CAN flash bootloader function
- Making plans and monitoring progress for software integration and testing
- Writing technical documentation
Core Skills and Education
- Minimum Bachelors degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline
- At least 7 years of working experience in automotive Tier 1 supplier or OEM for embedded real-time product
- Automotive embedded software development experience in powertrain, motor control, EV/Hybrid vehicle development
- Low-level driver development for microprocessors in Automotive ECUs
- AUTOSAR architecture-based software development ISO26262 design and implementation experience. Experience with Tasking, GHS or CodeWarrior compilers Firmware development.
- Experience with SPI, CAN, FlexRay or Ethernet and low level drivers
- Experience with RTOS
- Knowledge of Analog and digital circuit
- Experience with XCP/CCP protocol
- Experience with safety critical code standard like MISRA C
- Excellent embedded C programming and assembly programming techniques
- Experience with AUTOSAR and ISO26262
- Experience with V model software testing process and version control/Configuration management
- Experience with requirements management tool like DOORS etc
- Experience with software architecture design tool like Rhapsody, PREEVision and etc.
- Experience with functional safety software like Medini or similar
- SysML/UML modelling
- Desirable Technical Skillset
- Familiar with NXP or Infineon processors
- FMEA awareness
If you are interested in this role please call on 01384 446145.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.