Principal Embedded Software Engineer - Essex
Johnathan Lee have an exciting opportunity for a skilled software engineer to join a small team involved in the development of software for counter air systems. The work involves some embedded software development but primarily a bespoke HMI that forms the whole User Interface to the delivered capability. This team works closely with real end users, often developing the functionality in a live dynamic manner - whilst also needing to ensure that required level of integrity exists in final delivered product. This is a highly specialised and interesting opportunity that fully utilises Machine Learning in a real-time environment to real-world problems.
You must be a UK Passport holder and be eligible to go through Security Clearance.
- Development of Software code, in a live dynamic environment
- Documentation of Software designs to company standards
- Development of efficient and effective testing strategies that support both the required integrity and the ability to rapidly deploy updates
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Generation of Software requirements, design and test documentation.
- Ability to develop high quality code in C#, Python and C/C++
- Development of code for Windows 10, Windows 10 IoT, Windows Forms and Windows UWP
- Understanding of TCP, UDP and Websockets
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience of Machine Learning systems, particularly TensorFlow
- Understanding of RTP, FTP, SNMP and Serial Comms
- Understanding of XML, KML, JSON, Protobuf and Asterix
- Practical experience working with mechatronic systems
Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics, or equivalent qualifications/experience in a relevant area.
No. of Positions
Total Years of Exp
5 - 8
B.E/B.Tech/BS-Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.