Attractive + Benefits
Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer – Attractive
Permanent - Defence and Aerospace - Leicestershire
A Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer is required to join a market leading Innovative Defence Systems Company. The Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer will provide Hardware Engineering expertise to the company for the Design, Development and Qualification of Defence Systems, Defence Platforms and other equipment that is required.
The Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer will work with Senior Engineering Management to include Chief Engineering, Programme Management, and the engineering team.
The successful Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer will Lead all hardware electrical design, test, integration, qualification aspects and be able to act as the technical lead for development projects as directed by the Senior Management.
Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer– Key Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and oversight of tasks undertaken within Hardware engineering discipline.
- Overall responsibility to develop hardware engineering capabilities.
- Contribute to improvement and development of overarching engineering processes.
- Lead the hardware engineering discipline within the organisation.
- Oversee all aspects of hardware engineering undertaken within product life-cycle.
- Electrical and Electronic Hardware Design (Concept & Detailed).
- Conduct Analysis, Qualification, Integration & Test.
- Provide input into future estimates and schedules of hardware engineering.
- Manage regular reviews of relevant aspects of hardware engineering processes.
- Propose process improvements as required/identified.
- Mentor Junior members of the Hardware Engineering team as required.
- Support Customer and subcontractor activities.
- Conduct Hardware reviews, technical meetings & investigations as required.
Technical Skills and Experience for Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer
- BEng (Hons) (or equivalent) in Hardware and Electrical Engineering
- Proven relevant experience working in hardware and electrical design and qualification field.
- Experience designing electronic equipment to military standards.
- Experience in EMC design.
- Competent and experienced with test methodology.
- Experience of defining and managing qualification testing.
- Experience in a range of technologies.
- Proven communication skills with ability to assertively lead subject debates.
- Prioritise and deliver whilst working on multiple projects and activities.
- Ability to motivate and develop individuals, driving the wider team performance.
- Ability to build effective working relationships both internal and external with customers.
- Proven experience with defence engineering specifications.
- Familiar with the use of standard tools for design and test.
- Good team player with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Principal Electrical Hardware Engineer, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV’s to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.