Principal Electrical Engineer
Location Cheadle, Staffordshire
Job Code PWIL-AQGH8R
Vacancy Closing Date 15/09/2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join a motivated and focused team working on the exciting new range of the Teletruk. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Industrial team, working on a...
A truly world class, family owned business. We are proud of our achievements and recognise that future growth and success is shaped by the ambition of the team. If you are looking for a career with a business where people really count, look no further.
Overview of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join a motivated and focused team working on the exciting new range.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Industrial team, working on a unique machine with new programmes planned, to develop the product further within the Industrial Materials handling market.
Your Responsibilities as a Principal Electrical Engineer:
- Being the key member of a cross-functional team that will deliver the next generation of electronic and electrical systems for the Teletruk product range.
- Having full ownership and design responsibility for machine electrical and electronic systems
- Electrical and electronic system and architecture definition with knowledge of SAE J1939 CAN Protocol and machine systems software application.
- Developing concepts and existing systems. Understanding of safety critical systems and the application to electrical and electronics systems design and specification in harsh environments
- Specifying of electrical and electronic components for use in the vehicle system
- Testing and validation of machine electrical and electronic components and systems
- Management of technical reviews/process and adherence to the latest Group and Industry Standards
- Delivering machine schematic and harness drawings and liaising with the supply base to deliver these parts on time and to cost
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a formal qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Be able to demonstrate proven history of creating reliable, robust and innovative vehicle wiring systems - either individually or as part of a team.
- Be expected to be fully IT literate, with experience of working with VeSys or Zuken E3 electrical design packages
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a 'hands on' approach to problem solving. A positive attitude will be able to enthuse those around them to deliver innovative solutions to tight timescales
What's in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, access to medical insurance, dental care and the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
An equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.