- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: Immediate
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61532
Principal Electrical Engineer – Battery and HV Systems - Northampton - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a highly regarded engineering consultancy, that has pioneered the design and application of high performance powertrains, notably in the automotive and motorsport arena. This is a superb opportunity to lead the electrical design and development of Batteries and HV System projects, within the Advanced Powertrain department.
As Principal Electrical Engineer – You will be required to
- Hold responsibility for the Electrical design and development of Battery and HV Systems, to successfully deliver these projects on time, to budget and to the required quality standard.
- Liaise closely with the Software and Mechanical engineering teams to ensure that designs are optimised at all levels.
- Liaise closely with the Vehicle and EE Engineering teams to ensure designs are optimised at a vehicle level.
- Coordinate with Production, Purchasing and Project teams to ensure effective planning and supplier selection.
- Write Technical and Design Specifications for the Battery and HV System to develop safe, reliable, cost effective, legal and competitive Powertrains.
- Embrace and exploit new and appropriate technology, through R&D.
- To carry out calculations, analysis and testing as required to ensure safe, reliable operation while meeting the required performance criteria.
- To lead the electrical testing of Cells, Modules, Battery and HV Systems using both in-house and external facilities ensuring appropriate testing procedures, risk assessments and reports are written and/or in place.
- Develop the team through determining training requirements and mentorship of less experienced engineers
- To understand applicable regulatory requirements and ensure compliance with necessary regulations and standards.
As Principal Electrical Engineer – You will be
- Degree qualified in Electrical / Electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Battery / HV engineer in automotive or motorsport applications as part of an OEM, Tier 1, or consultancy.
- Experience with Battery design and HV system design.
- Able to conduct hand calculations to support design
- Experience on working on up to 800V systems as a Senior Authorised Person
- Ability to produce electrical drawings to a high standard
- A good understanding of battery test and approval standards.
- Proven project management skills
- Self-Confident, good analytical problem solving skills with commercial acumen.
- Well organised and delivery focused – with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high-pressure environment
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.